AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Im having to top up my coolant on a 2008 Q7 with 54000

Customer Question

Im having to top up my coolant on a 2008 Q7 with 54000 miles. Is it advisable to put Fiber Lock Cooling System repair into the coolant system as a temporary repair while I save up to take it for repairs at my local Audi dealer?
Only I have had that Q7 Engines are too sensitive for coolant repair sealant and the systems like heating and air-con get clogged up and I might end up with an even bigger bill.
Also how can I find a trustworthy garage to repair my Q7, that is not as expensive as an Audi dealer??
Help Please!!!!!
Category: Audi
Expert:  DanTheCarGuy replied 6 months ago.

I am not a fan of those coolant repair products. You are right they can clog up the system and create more problems.

Did they say what needs to be repaired? or what is causing the leak?