Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi A6 With P0605 Code, Goes Into Limp Mode.

Customer Question

2000 Audi A62.7T Quattro has P0605 error code and car goes into limp mode every five minutes. If the car is turned off and on every 5 minutes it runs fine.
I replaced the ECU but the problem persists.
What can I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

1. Disconnect the TCM and allow all capacitors to discharge about 2 hours.
  2. Reconnect the TCM.
  3. Using a scan tool, reset the throttle basic settings. Turn the ignition to the on position, but do not start the engine. Clear all trouble codes. Enter engine address word 01, Function 04 Basic Settings and display group 060. Watch the 4th displayed field for the message ADP OK, after about 45 seconds. Once the 4th displayed field reads ADP OK, back out to the opening scan tool page and turn the ignition switch off for 45 seconds.
  4. Start the vehicle normally and test-drive, to see if any codes reset.
  5. If the code returns then replace the TCM for this ROM failure code.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.