Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field
22815973

My daughter has a 2002 A8. During a heavy rain storm while

Customer Question

Good morning, My daughter has a 2002 A8. During a heavy rain storm while it was parked in a parking lot during her work shift. She drove the car to work but when she cam out to leave it was completely dead. Wouldn't turn over. It's been at the dealership and found over a gallon of water under the carpets. It was found out that the drain from the A/C was plugged. I'm not convinced that overflow from that plugged drain would allow that much water into the interior. Is it possible?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: The transmission is original and no leaking. That's not the problem
JA: What year is your Storm?
Customer: It happened on 9/21/16
JA: Are you fixing your Storm yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car is at the Audi dealership. A claim has been turned into her ins. co. They are denying the claim siting the plugged drain
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 1 month ago.

There are 2 common issues that will cause this either a clogged ac drain which is common or water leak from the sunroof drains either issues will more then likely not be covered by the insurance because its a clogged components , More then likely the vehicles and wiring located under the carpet got wt and cause the no start issue . i hope this helps .

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we rely on the rating/feedback thank you