peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.

2003 Audi A4. Programming a new key. My programmer does not

Customer Question

2003 Audi A4. Programming a new key. My programmer does not fetch the PIN Code I need the Pin Code for the immobilizer.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases this code can be difficult to obtain and may need obtained from a dealer.They may or may not charge a small fee for this code and usually want to see proof of ownership and a photo ID.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue before rating my help here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for weighing in Pete. Because of the delay, I actually already had it figured out. The immobilizer pin code can not be accessed by the Audi dealer (this is a new development). Their machine communicates with the Audi website directly and pulls the Pin code from Audi and uses it to access the immobilizer and program the key to it. The tech never sees the code. The only way to get the code is to use an aftermarket key programmer that can retrieve it which mine cannot. Back to square one. Bought a new machine online that can read the Pin on Audi. Waiting for it to come now.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 days ago.

Your welcome.If you have any issues with the machine or if you need anything else let me know.Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.

Thanks Pete