peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.

2011 Audi a8l panoramic rear roof stucked open. Where is

Customer Question

2011 Audi a8l panoramic rear roof stucked open. Where is manual mechanical hand crank located.? Or how to close it , press close button ,just here motor
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 15 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont see a manual operation for this model here unfortunately and many are built this way to where when they act up the head liner usually needs removed to access the motor and cables/gears to locate and repair the fault.If the motor is clicking or grinding when trying to operate this usually indicates a fault with the cables or track for the rear part of the roof to where the cables/and or track need replaced.Unfortunately you will have to have this looked into further to pinpoint which component is causing this fault here and then from there it can be repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete