sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a persistent rattling in the rear, passenger door

Customer Question

I have a persistent rattling in the rear, passenger door window while idling - it goes away when window is "cracked" open. How do I fix it?
Category: Audi
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the rattle is in the door and stops when the window is dropped then there is something loose or out of place in the door. The issue may be with the window regulator, linkage, the window guide channels, it's possible that there is something foreign in the door.

What you'll need to do is remove the door panel and inspect for any loose or touching components as well as anything foreign in the door. If nothing is seen then you start the engine and allow the rattle to happen while listening and feeling inside the door to determine the source.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dealer added felt to window seal - all rattling noises gone.
Thanks.

Great!