Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I had to replace the PS pump. That went fine, but I now have

Customer Question

Hi I had to replace the PS pump. That went fine, but I now have problems getting rid of air bubbles in the PS system
JA: Have you checked the fluids recently?
Customer: I have refiled it, and done the sterring wheel exercise
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: This is a A6 2001 with the 2.7T
JA: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done most of the maintenance on that car my self for the last 4 years.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, here is Audi power steering bleeding procedure

2001 Audi A6 (4B2) V6-2.7L Turbo (APB)

Steering system, bleeding

- Check hydraulic fluid level and top off if necessary.
- Raise vehicle until front wheel are off the ground.
- Briefly start engine (maximum 2 seconds).

Pump must not draw in air. When doing this, steering wheel must not be turned under any circumstances.

Approximately 30 sec. wait between individual engine starts.

- Repeat this process until oil level remains constant.

- Turn steering wheel from lock to lock 10 times, with engine switched off.

- Start engine.

- Turn steering wheel 10 times from stop to stop.

Any air in remaining in the steering system will dissipate by itself when driving over the next 10 to 20 km.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I will try that and let you know
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Sounds good.

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?