AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

Jake, I have a 1996 2.8 SOHC AFC Audi A4 that will not

Customer Question

I have a 1996 2.8 SOHC AFC Audi A4 that will not start. Compression is 200 on all cylinders, fuel pressure is good. Injectors do not fire, and there is either very weak or no spark. All electrical sensors, plugs, wires, and coil are new. Timing is dead on, with new belt and tensioner and idlers. Replaced the fuel pump relay (cheap one), and can feel it pulse when key is turned on. Could this be a ground wire shorted, or did I get a bad FPR? Thanks,
Ted in Dallas
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Since I asked my question, I figured it out. The throttle body was not sealed against plenum properly when I removed it for a cleaning last year. I sprayed it with starting fluid and it started and ran for 2 seconds. I'll seal it with silicone and try again. Since you have not responded with an answer, can I cancel this and get a refund? Thanks.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 20 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.