Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2005 Audi A4 3.0 and was wondering where can you

Customer Question

Hello , I have a 2005 Audi A4 3.0 and was wondering where can you add transmission fluid? does it just use the regular engine oil?
JA: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?
Customer: not sure
JA: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going on a long driving trip and just wanted to check all my fluids before i left
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really. I looked at the manual but cant seem to find where you would be able to check the transmission fluid. we know where the oil, power steering, windshield wiper fluid but not transmission
Category: Audi
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Like most European vehicles nowdays, your transmission does not have a dipstick to check fluid level. It is a sealed unit with a fill and drain plug on bottom of the transmission- see attached. The vehicle has to be up on a level lift and the fill plug removed and if fluid drips out, level is good and if not, then fluid is needed and is added thru the same hole using a pump machine to pump the transmission fluid up into it.

So you will need a shop to check the fluid level and add if needed.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.