Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2000 A6 Quattro. When turning left or right, the

Customer Question

I have a 2000 A6 Quattro. When turning left or right, the inside rear tire skids and the entire front end binds creating a large amount of tension in the drive train. I replaced both CV/axles to no avail. Is there any reason the steering sensor may be the culprit? Any thoughts?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am still in need of an answer. I am also getting a 01426 code (E221) Control in Steering Wheel no signal/communication. Is the Quattro braking system related in any way to the steering position sensor?

Your driveline is binding up because it is driving like it is locked into 4wd. The same amount of power is being sent to the front and rear axles. When turning all 4 tires go different speeds and you have at least 2 tires wanting to go the same speed, resulting in the driveline binding. I do not see your code is related to this concern. Are all 4 tires the same brand, size, age, read depth, and air pressure?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All tires were purchased at the same time. All pressures are good and equal. Yes, it appears the*****is engaged and not allowing for the difference in rotation when turning. What would be the cause?

I am not at home on my computer now to access my repair guides to help more. I will opt out so another can get to you sooner.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm still waiting for a response.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm going to ask for a refund if I don't get an answer by Wed. 10/5/16