Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Sorry i dont have an Audi. I have a 2000 lincoln LS. The car

Customer Question

Sorry i dont have an Audi. I have a 2000 lincoln LS. The car jerks when I put it in reverse and the transmission whines when it should shift from second to third. I dont know if I need a new trans and I am hesitating because the car is somewhat old. 117000 miles. Help
JA: Are you fixing your LS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I dont know how to fix cars and I have not tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. thank you
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

The problem you are having is a know issue and Ford has released a service bulletin dealing with this noise and the proper repair for it which involves removing the transmission and doing a tear down and replacing the forward planetary gear set. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review as it is likely the problem you are having and the fix you will need. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Trans%20whine%20Sept%2030.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.