Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician vw/ audi specialist
84635724

My car has been perfectly fine until i jacked the front end

Customer Question

Hi, my car has been perfectly fine until i jacked the front end up to paint something underneath the car, after that i drove it and keep hearing this noise while turning right , its not there when turning left. What could it be? Ive heard of people saying its a wheel bearing but i dont get how it happened so suddently,. When i was jacking the car up i jacked the front and back right first so i could get my third jack on the back left size and then got the back right side jack to jack the front left side. While doing that do you think i did something to the bearings??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rj2VwFH7O8
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hi im kevin just going to watch vid il be a couple of mins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no worries mate, listen to the hum when i turn the wheel, its pretty loud i dont know how all of a sudden the wheel bearing could have done that
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Doesnt sound like a bearing sounds like a power steering noise where was jack positioned .can you get noise when stationary

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it was jacked in the right position and no i cant its normal when i turn the wheel
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Check power steering fluid level it sounds like a fluid type noise deffinatly not a bearing