peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 Audi A8 that I bought about a month ago and

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Audi A8 that I bought about a month ago and the radio does not work. I asked the previous owner if it worked before and they said yes it did. The battery was dead when I bought it so I replaced the battery and the radio still doesn't work. When I start the car the MMI comes out for about 5 seconds and goes back in. When it does come out I can't get access for the buttons to work on the screen. Also the radio buttons are not lit at all either
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would first check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If any are blown the affected fuses need replaced.If these are checked and found to be o.k. this may be an issue with the radio itself.I have seen some of these fail internally and in some cases a voltage surge from battery replacement can sometimes damage it to where it would need removed and repaired or removed and replaced.The radio will need removed to have the power and ground signals tested at it to make sure these are present.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete