AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

My Audi Q7 diesel has a hesitation when I accelerate this is

Customer Question

My Audi Q7 diesel has a hesitation when I accelerate this is an intermittent issue. Today it happened as I was making a left turn on to a busy road, I let up on the accelerator and then it picked up. when it does this it is like the engine loses power
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: fluctuates
JA: What year is your Q7?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I have had also service done at the dealership. I spoke to them about this in the past and they couldn't get it so they couldn't tell me why it does this.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have also had problems with the back air going to heat and not being able to shut it off without pulling off the road and turn the car off. They can't figure that out either
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Has the computer system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They just tell me they have checked everything and find nothing that would cause the problems
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

That would be the next step, anytime the computer sees a system fault it should set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise you from there.