peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2004 Audi A4 avant quattro. The trunk latch was replaced a

Customer Question

2004 Audi A4 avant quattro. The trunk latch was replaced a few months ago because I was getting the "flashing trunk" alert even though the hatch was closed. My alarm goes off intermittently, and doesn't chirp when locked. Is this a latch that needs to be readjusted or is it an alarm issue??
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: Yes I have. no change. The flashing alert happens intermittently as well while I am driving, so I thought that it might be bad contacts.
JA: Are you fixing your A4 Avant yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken to certified Audi mechanics and have tried less intensive repairs myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope, that should do it. Thank you in advance.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the latch was replaced and the alarm still goes off and the alert for the trunk not latched most likely this is a wiring fault to the latch itself causing all of these issues here.This will have to be inspected further to be sure of the wiring at fault and replaced or repaired.The other latches with the doors need checked as well for any issues with them needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete