AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

Need to know how to install the lifters on a cylinder head

Customer Question

need to know how to install the lifters on a cylinder head from a 2006 scion tc fell off and i dont know the order how do those numbers go
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

I don't see that the lifters themselves have any numbers or sequence. Please see attached diagram, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
those lifters have numbers inside and they all different diameters. I would like to know in which order they go
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

I see thanks, ***** ***** the thickness of them. Yes they have to go in the correct positions. You have to see what the valve clearances are and then measure the thickness, (with a micrometer) to see where each one needs to go.

Lifters are available in 35 sizes in increments of 0.020 mm (0.0008 inch), from 5.060 to 5.740 mm (0.1992 to 0.2260 inch).

Let me see if I have any instructions for that, thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wold you happen to know the correct positions. That's what im looking for
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

They are always in different spots according to the valve adjustment that is needed. There are no "set" places for each thickness, I wish there were, thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

So actually the valve clearance adjustment needs to be done. Do you still need help with it?