Hi - Ok, sorry about that, I didn't know how to ask questions :-(
I have a: 2001 - A6 Allroad 2.5 V6 TDi C5 Engine: AKE Gearbox: FTH Final Drive: ENX
Some time (1 year?) ago my alternator died and I replaced it. From that time on I have had the current problem:
After 10 minutes the ABS / ESP / Air Suspension
warning lights come on after almost EXACTLY 10 mins.
I have a full subsciption to the Ross Tech VCDS and the fault shown is:01117 - Generator Terminal DF Load Signal: Implausible Signal
Possible SymptomsMalfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
Engine Pre-Heating inoperativePossible CausesWiring from/to Generator faulty
Voltage Regulator faulty
Generator faultyPossible SolutionsCheck Wiring from/to Generator
Check Voltage Regulator
Check GeneratorThings I've done:
1. Replaced the alternator (again) with brand new exact match unit
2. Renewed the 2-pin connector which connects the alternator to the ECU
3. Cleaned EVERY earth connection I can possibly find.
4. Ran a continuity test from the 2-pin alternator connector to the ECU plug (pin 38 on the larger plug) – 0.4 Ohms
5. The battery is showing 14v across the terminals and VCDS shows system voltages of ~ 13.5v
What is interesting is that this fault appears after 10 minutes even if the car is never started. i.e. Key in ignition, display lights on, 10 minutes pass – Error shows.
Where do I go from here please?