AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

This is an Audi A6 with the Sport line package 2008 model

Customer Question

This is an Audi A6 with the Sport line package 2008 model vin number WAUAH74F58N077687 that is shaking, and loosing power while driving. After a few seconds of this, it slows down to a crawl below 10 MPH and then little by little, in about a 5 to 10 seconds time span it regains its original power always shaking uncontrollably. The biggest problem is at stop lights where this issue always comes out.
In the mornings it does not allow you to drive over 10MPH until you have driven it for about a minute or two. Then it drives fine.
These actions were previously done before these issue began:
It has new factory recommended NGK Laser Platinum 5592 PFR7W-TG spark plugs. Just had a coolant flush and refill with Pentosin and distilled water 50/50 as recommended. The brake fluid was bled and changed to Audi DOT4 synthetic brake fluid. The engine oil was changed with K&N oil filter and with Mobil 1 synthetic 5W-30 which is what this model calls for. The serpentine belt was replaced also with a high-end Gates belt.
We looked all over the Audi forums and a lot of customers with the same issue found relief through changing the brake light switch. No change was noticed.
When ran through the computer diagnose, a code showing misfire on piston six is showing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.