AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

2009 a8 audi will not allow start with key or start PB.

Customer Question

2009 a8 audi will not allow start with key or start PB. Remote key does not lock or unlock car. Scan of modules shows acc start module with a DTC 0f 014 fault, Clear fault and it returns, car can be locked using pass front or rear door handle button, but not driver's side door buttons. Battery is fully changed, Tested key and see the key inserted, turned right, and turned left, Tested start and stop PB and see them, Trying to understand problem. Also term 15 and 75 show off.
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: I had the dealer in Loves Park, IL install a new battery about Feb of this year.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It would be nice to fix or a least understand what has to be done, I have Ross Tech software and cable so I can test and view issues. Without key on most modules do not communicate. The history of DTC have mostly minor faults except when original battery needed replacing and not the ACC Start module defective code and this issue
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car started fine until just before this when I had to turn the key off and back on once to get it to start about a few days earlier. Now no ability to start with or without key and remote does nothing. I have two keys with remote both worked no neither do
Category: Audi
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 months ago.

Hi im kevin using vag come the fault code should have a 5 digit number before it do you have this ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is from the original Scan:Address 05: ACC/START AUTH2 FAULTS FOUND02072 - CONTROL MODULE FOR ENERGY MANAGEMENT (J644)
FAULT STATUS: 00100100
MILEAGE: 291472 KM
DATE: 2016.08.08
TIME: 09:57:5000003 - Control Module
014 Defective
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101110
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 0
Reset Counter: 255
Time Indication:0
Date: 2016.08.19
Time: 07:43:40
I cleared the module DTC and then the second error code returns as active but not the first one.I see the key and have the status bits for inserted, turned left, and turned right,
I also see the two status bits turn on for the Start PB and he two for the Stop PB when pushed.
Term 15 and 75 where listed as off. I tested this and then charged the battery fully. I have not looked at the term 15 0r 75 status since that.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am leaving for an appointment. I have my cell and can communicate by text.(###) ###-#### I will be back in about 2 hours and can hook up to the car to scan or test then.