peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Replaced rear bumper on a 2014 q5 and now tailgate lamps do

Customer Question

Replaced rear bumper on a 2014 q5 and now tailgate lamps do not work. only the third brake light functions.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: The lights in the bumper function correctly as does the third brake lamp which is in the gate. the gate mounted L/R LED lamps not functioning.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked all the connectors in the gate and all fuses. all are good.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope. That sums it up. We replaced the bumper and now the tailgate r/l lamps do not function. Is there a re-set procedure for the tailgate sensor? Perhaps it thinks it is open and will not let the lamps goon.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any damaged wiring that may have occurred when the bumper was replaced.In some cases the wiring can become damaged causing a fault like this here and may need repaired or replaced to correct this fault.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete