Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

AC leaking water inside passenger side, inside underneath

Customer Question

AC leaking water inside passenger side
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: inside underneath the glove compartment... yes its water
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2003 a4 quat
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes..
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: so far still trying to research
Category: Audi
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.

I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.

So the problem you are having is caused by the ac drain tube being blocked. You have to crawl under the car and stick a wire up the tube. Be careful because the water will rush out when you clear the blockage. The tube will be below where the ac lines run into the fire wall. It is a little difficult to find. But This is the cause of the problems.

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not need to do anything inside the car. is all outside and underneath
Correct. The drain tube from the evaporator housing comes out side to let the condensation drain. But if it gets plugged then the water can't drain and backs up until it leaks out a seam in the case inside.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this? Was I of help to you?
Please let me know.
Also if you wouldn't mind rating my help, it doesn't cost you anything more to do so.

Do you still need help with this problem? please let me know. If I have been helpful please rate my help.

Thanks

Sonny

Thanks
Sonny