AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

This to my problem with 2006 A4,B7-- engine (BPG) swapped to

Customer Question

this is follow up to my problem with 2006 A4,B7--blown engine (BPG) swapped to a BWT. Wiring harness from the BPG. Still no start with the new Bosch crankshaft position sensor; starter cranks strong, but no spark. With key in "on" position, there is 12 volts at terminal #1 of the leads to each coil. . I may need to purchase VAG-com for this problem, but I'm thinking a failed relay in the ECM compartment. Hopefully, not an ECM problem.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: thanks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am hoping to fix this myself. Dash warning lights are on when I try to start. New crankshaft position sensor (Bosch). No blown fuses. I can hear a relay clicking when I stop trying to start. No spark at any coil. Tach shows engine speed of about 150-200 rpm when trying to start.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thanks, ***** ***** to this initially and I would be willing to pay more for a solution.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ready
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

called to customer