Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2001 audi tt daughters car we just finished coils and brakes

Customer Question

2001 audi tt daughters car we just finished coils and brakes and fixing the wiring to get the fans for the radiator up and running. car was driving fine. the radio was in safe mode. followed the reset radio instructions in manual tried a few times. also esp and abs light was on in the dash. i pressed the esp button. drove home. next morning went to start the car. immobilizer light is flashing and car starts and dies.. spoke to my daughter she said toreset radio is different then the manual, not scan and rdl its fm2 and rdl. which i did and it worked to get radio up. and then she told she had an issue with the esp button in the past and had a short. ok i disconnected the battery and reconnected and so on but immobilizer is active and cant start.
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: the esp yes it has
JA: Are you fixing your F12 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: immobilizer just started flashing today.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: my daughter lost the faob 3 years ago and and valet key was made and recoded to get her going
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
was trying to see if there is a fuse or relay for the immobilizer, could not find any information. the esp fuse is good. I am former mechanic from 30 years ago now a hobby or you can say help the kids out. The Kiss theory tells me last night when i played with radio in safe mode and esp button i must have caused the immobilizer to activate but only after i drove and parked the car.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

There is not a fuse to disable the immobilizer.

Do you get the flashing theft light when using both keys?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris