AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

I fell off my kayak, floated in water for 15 min with Audi a

Customer Question

I fell off my kayak, floated in water for 15 min with Audi a 6, 3.2 2008 sedan keys n my pocket. During that time chewing gum got on the key because it was salt water.
I got out cleaned off the key and try to start the car, it took several tries and continuous
Cleaning, before the car started.
Once I got it running I did not turn off engine, and drove 137 miles. I got home, turned off the car and it would not start again.
I used another old key to start car but, lights car dachshund indicator suggest bulbs were out,now my seat warmer is indicator is showing that my seat is warm. I did not turn any of these button on.
What else can I expect? How do I fix this problem?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

1- Take the key that fell in the water apart and expose the small circuit board and put it outside in the sun and let it dry up hard , or buy a can of electrical cleaner from like advacne auto or auto zone ,and spray clean it with it .

2- the seat warmer and dashboard out should not be related for having the key wet.

3- after cleaning the key , you can try this master reset procedure below .

4- if after the master reset you still have an issue , then a diagnostic scan is needed to retrieve any fault codes that exist in the several car module and post them back here .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat