peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

When I turn on my MMI it comes on for a couple of seconds

Customer Question

When I turn on my MMI it comes on for a couple of seconds and just turns off
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Audi Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: ok
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2007 audi q7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet didn't want to mess with it until am sure of what to do
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's it
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If it is turning on this indicates it has the proper power and grounds.Usually what occurs is the MMI fails internally and causes this issue here needing replaced.In some cases a dealer can update the programming for it to resolve this issue but usually it needs replaced for this fault.You will want to have this tested further to be sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete