Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field

I just drove down the street until all a sudden I had my

Customer Question

I just drove down the street until all a sudden I had my gear stick in my hand as it disconnected from the rest of the car. I was able to somehow put it back into 1st gear but it looks like it is broken off. It is a 2000 Audi TT . I have pics if you want to. How much will that cost me?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 2 months ago.

Can you please attach pictures on here ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In some forums I read it is super expensive to replace as you have to remove the exhaust etc. I have to be home in 2 days and I am 500 miles away from home. I also saw a solution of someone welding it back. That is the last image I attached.
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 2 months ago.

OK you will need a new shifter the shifter rod has broken they are about $339 for the part and a show will charge you about $200 to install it . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you