Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

When I drove my 2004 Audi Allroad 2.7T this morning, the

Customer Question

When I drove my 2004 Audi Allroad 2.7T this morning, the gear display PRNDS on the dashboard were all lit, and the car was shifting roughly. I pulled over and turned off the engine. When I turned ii on again, everything seemed to be back to normal, but after travelling for about 30 feet, the problems came back. Now, I hear some clicking noises coming from the gearbox selector, and the PRNDS stay lit all the time. The Check Engine indicator is also on even though the OK light shows up whenever I start the engine. I have not yet changed the transmission fluid since I purchased this vehicle 6 years ago. I took tis car 6 months ago to an Audi dealership here because it was leaking oil. They said that oil comes from the engine not transmission. This was confirmed by another mechanic when he used a dye to trace the origin of the oil leak. The car has 158,000 kms.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Once I have diagnosed the problem, I will make a decision if it is worth fixing the car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So it would help tremendously if you could have the codes read and get them to me. The problem you are describing could be anything from a sensor to the control module messing up but the codes will help figure it out.Let me know what you find with the codes.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner or VAG-COM. If I have one, I guess I can look up the codes online. I will just bring the vehicle to an Audi dealership or service shop here. Thank you for your time. Please close this case.
I am sorry I couldn't help you. Unfortunately I am just a user of this system like you and can't close the cases. But you can contact customer service for a refund.Thanks and sorry again.