Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

My sons 2008 TT. He is on a road trip from Texas and when he

Customer Question

My sons 2008 TT. He is on a long road trip from Texas and when he is accelerating at low speeds under 30 mph it hesitates and he feels (doesnt hear it) a thumping or sputtering.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: He said its not a noise he feels it. It started about 5 hours ago after driving 12 hours. He just got his oil filter changed , oil change, two new tires and balance before he left texas yesterday. Was running good when he left. Drove 12 hours straight when it started and its getting worse
JA: What is the model of your '08 Audi?
Customer: TT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried nothing. He is still driving it, he is almost at his destination
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

most likely a weak ignition coil , as long the check engine light is not flashing while driving he can keep driving it and run a diagnostic scan when he reaches his destination and retrieve the fault codes .

if check engine light is flashing, then problem need addressed asap before more damage will occur internally in engine

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat

hey how are you .

did you get it fixed ?