AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have an 2007 a6 c6 2.0tdi with 152000 miles on it, the

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 2007 a6 c6 2.0tdi with 152000 miles on it, the problem I have is the management light is on and the fault shows exhaust temp sensor 2. I have replaced this along with the wiring to the ECU from three sensor as the light was still on
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: Yes there is no corrosion. The car runs ok but around 140 miles the revs sit at around 1000 for about 50 miles and then they settle down again for another 140 miles or so this has been like this since l bought it at 91000 miles. I have replaced loads of parts like injectors, egr, boost control valve,dpf and turbo rebuild.it's driving me mad!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes where I work I have access to diagnostics
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have had the ECU set back to factory settings With any updates as it had the dpf removed before I had the car, which as since been reinstalled
Category: Audi
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, looks like youve been throwing alot of parts at this problem and wasting alot of money in the process. That money could have been used to take it to an audi specialist my friend. are you certain the egt system for bank 2 is operating ok for 90 percent of the time? apparently its jumping closed loop to open loop for whatever reason. the primary o2 sensor sets the mixture as you already know, so i would concentrate on how that sensor is acting. if you can, take temp readings before and after the cat on the side when this issue occurs. i understand that it only happens while driving and only after so many miles, but theres no other way to troubleshoot it. another way to get rid of the code, ONLY if you are sure that temperature is not the root of the problem is to splice the signal wire from egt sensor 1 to egt sensor2. but that is a totally last ditch effort

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will try checking the temperature

keep me posted

any luck?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not yet, I haven't had to do many miles this week! I will let you know

ok