Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2012 Audi Q5 with a 3.2 sometimes it will crank but

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Audi Q5 with a 3.2 sometimes it will crank but not start it has no codes sometimes it will do it 2 to 3 times a day weather it's at operating temperature or not and sometimes it won't do it for days it has 82,000 miles on it thanks .
Category: Audi
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, and proper fuel pressure. When the engine will not start can you go in and check each one of these things and determine which one your are lacking and I will help you determine the cause. Post back when you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Ron it is very hard to check the injector pulse or the fire I have already check the fuel pressure but it's hard to catch it when it messes up because it might not mess up for 10 cranks or more I also am a certified tech but for ford I am a GSE tech for united airlines for 29 years .
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Well if we can narrow this down it would be very helpful. Has the system been scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

If you can scan the system and check for fault codes we can work from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As I stated in my very first post there is no fault codes if there was it would be a easy trouble shoot that's why I was trying to find a AUDI specialist to see if it might be a coming problem sorry if that sounds kinda rude I'm not meaning to
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Ill open the post back up for you.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** can set up a phone call if you like?