AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

I have a Q5 2009, the EPC light has started to come on at

Customer Question

I have a Q5 2009, the EPC light has started to come on at idle, and wont go off even when running above idle, if I turn the car off it wont come on as long as I dont sit too long at idle, (stop lights) The car runs fine at normal speeds, Audi dealer says they dont know and mechanics said go to audi dealer what is going on
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 152,000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a private shop that knows my car and they cannot find the issue, Audi dealership wanted to tear down the engine, it is not the problem, it has to be something else I will pay a shop, but not a new engine from Audi dealership
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I am amazed that audi dealer could not find this, it could be a vacum hose or wire
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information .

1. vin # ***** the vehicle
  2. what fault codes are stored on your vehicle?
  3. any recent accidents
  4. any recent repairs before this issue?

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Vin Wa1kk78r09a020040 No idea on fault codes, yes accident two years ago was dramatic on the front end, partial rebuild, we replaced, the following, plugs wires and coils, never had this problem until two months ago, the EPC comes on at low idle only at traffic lights sometimes, the car runs great when not on and just a little off when on. If there is no light the car runs great and gets the same gas mileage, and cruises at 80 smooth and quiet
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

thanks for the info . is there any way you can get a scan test from auto zone to get the codes . need to narrow down the issue more . too many possibilities at this point!!

thanks