Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner

My 420 sel 1988 fuse #5 keeps blowing out. And the main air

Customer Question

My 420 sel 1988 fuse #5 keeps blowing out. And the main air conditioning goes out resulting in heat come on I have replaced the fuse at least 5 times as soon as I press the air unit button on the fuse blows yet today I replaced the fuse and every thing was fine for about 15 mts This was very early in the morning can any one suggest .please advise
Benz 420sel 1988 Thanks
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

That is the compressor clutch, (high resistance in the coil) or an intermittent short in the windings. The compressor clutch, coil and hub will normally have to be replaced. It is sometimes best and more cost effective to replace the compressor with the clutch.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,