AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

All red prnd, 2003 a4 1.8t cabriolet, the car just stoped

Customer Question

all red prnd
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2003 a4 1.8t cabriolet
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the car just stoped moveing and the gear indicator did flash
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 80k no leak
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no more
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

You have a CVT transmission . any major errors you will lose all gears. a scan test is needed to see what fault codes are stored . VAG COM is the scan tool of choice.

They are known for issues with the control module and clutch .

need a scan to narrow down the issue!!