Audi0405, Technician
Experience:  10 years in Vw and Audi Field

Well, sorry-2002 a4 quatro, I have noticed mostly while

Customer Question

JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: sorry-2002 a4 quatro
JA: What year is your A4?
Customer: I have noticed mostly while going uphill the car will jerk-feels likes the whole car moves. Has been happening for a few years-seems to be increasing and also now not limited to hills. I was going to check the transmission fluid-nit sure what type and I'm sure I will have to go the dealer as will all Audi fluids lol
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Oh no, I'm just trying to start simple , if it is the transmission, I will not repair it. The car has been good to be, has 177,000 miles. I'll get a new car
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes, turns over. Battery is a few years old
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 3 months ago.

I can help you out, can you describe the issue more in detail please ??

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Started to notice a few years ago, while going up hills car would jerk during gear change (automatic transmission with manual option). It would shift and that would be the end of it. It is happening more frequently lately and not necessarily on hills anymore. But that is typically when it happens. Again, 2002 with 177,000 miles.
Expert:  Audi0405 replied 3 months ago.

Ok more then likely your transmission is starting to fail make sure you dont have a leaky transmission pan gasket these are common to leak and cause the issues you are having, if you have a leak the fluid can go low and cause shifting issues i recommend this is the first thing you have checked . I hope this helps

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you