Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I have an 2012 Audi Q5 and my A/C stop blowing cold air all

Customer Question

I have an 2012 Audi Q5 and my A/C stop blowing cold air all of a sudden I don't know what could be the problem
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: No they don't feel cold and there is not a leak
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My friend who works on A/C in cars took a look at it and said it had the right amount of freon and said it didn't have leaks. We checked the fuse they were good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I mean it blows like it should the control seem to be working they way should
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You need to verify the compressor is coming on or not. Also you will need a high end scan tool to get into the hvac system and check for codes and look at live data of the temp sensors. You have multiple temp sensors and if one fails it can prevent the compressor from turning on. You could also have a bad pressure switch which would also prevent the compressor operation. You need a good set of ac manifold gauges as well, you will need to check the pressures of the system. High and low side pressures are important for diagnosing this problem. Without the proper diagnostic equipment this will be hard to diagnose.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan