AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

I own a audi quarto TT 2002. occasionally I start it and it

Customer Question

I own a audi quarto TT 2002 . occasionally I start it and it immediately stalls. Sometimes it starts again ok sometimes it doesn't.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Not a starting problem it seems. It is after it has caught and start that it stalls out. engine turns over engages and immediately dies.
JA: What is the model of your '02 Audi?
Customer: TT audi quarto
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have had it to mechanic. I explain what happens but he has stated until he hears or experiences it he can't diagnosis it. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: All mechanical things have been taken care of as they come up so it is not a case of neglect.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail

when the vehicle stalls is there any flashing yellow lights in the dash?

is the check engine light on

any recent accidents?

any recent repairs before this issue came about?

please let me know!!