Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Fuse 5 in right dash fuse box blowing. Will not blow

Customer Question

fuse 5 in right dash fuse box blowing. Will not blow immediately. Since it is the engine electronics fuse, it powers 10-12 sensors, including the MAF. So as long as the fuse is ok, I have good, normal MAF data, and all other data seems ok as well. However, after a few minutes of engine running (weather driving or just idling), the fuse will blow and set a bunch of codes, all associated with the sensors that are powered by this fuse. I have wiring diagrams and mitchell as resources, but since this circuit is so big I am hoping somebody has some quick, likely areas to check to save me diagnostic time trying to chase this partial short.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I did a search on this fuse and circuit number and not one Audi message or tech comment returned for a likely place to check for an issue. Have you replaced the fuse, turned the key, and wiggled the harness to each powered sensor on this circuit. This will normally find a wire harness short to ground.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris