rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Been sitting battery and terminal was cut out replace now

Customer Question

been sitting for year battery and terminal was cut out replace now car won't start reads system low voltage
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: no engine just 2 clicks appears not enough power going to anything i thin battery posts/terminals was not connected back right
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 03 audi 3.0 quattro
JA: What year is your Quattro?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes replaced the terminals post and battery
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Let's first make sure that the battery is good and passes a load test, then check the cables for proper installation and tightness and corrosion at both ends. if all this is good, then check the starter.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
need diagram or picture of wiring all terminals was cut
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is that all the info u have for me for 26 dollars?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i would like to request a refund.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, hit the wrong button. We're just getting started here, so please be patient. There is no wiring diagram for battery terminals, BLACK is negative and RED is positive. It's marked on the battery too.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i need to know what wires should be connected believe i may be missing some wire causing it not to start i.e ground wire, overflow wire
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i need a video on how to replace the terminals to make sure i have all the correct wiring
Expert:  Maureen replied 5 months ago.

We need to contact you, but because we do not have your email address, we are unable to. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/audi/9saok-sitting-battery-terminal-cut-replace.html

Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Here it is. Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5vkwWuDRGE