Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner

The air conditioning in my 06 TT is stuck in auto mode and

Customer Question

The air conditioning in my 06 TT is stuck in auto mode and 74 degrees. I can't change the settings.
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Car has 75,000 miles and this started one week ago.
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2006 TT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anytnig yet. I was hoping there might be a relay or fuse that I could change out.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The AC worked perfectly up until one week ago. and it does keep the car at 74 degreesinside.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The HVAC system is very highly technical and is controlled by computerized electronics. It sounds like the control head is bad, (hung up) and the tests for it are very complicated.

However, if you disconnect the battery, (negative cable) for a few minutes, (15) there is as good chance that the system will reboot and start working again.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****