Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Blue tooth stopped work suddenly I rebooted the mmi and shoe

Customer Question

Blue tooth stopped work suddenly I rebooted the mmi and shoe still same problem. The car shows no phone connected and cannot access the setting menu on mmi, please help, thanks
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2008 A6 3.2 quattro
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: reboot only to suer what else i can do, i depend on BT whilst driving for work
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It has been working fine for the 3 years just suddenly shows no phone connected can;t access the menu either , the audi BT is not discoverable on my phone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How much longer before a get are reply?? Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its been a few days now no response i hope you are not going to charge my credit card please confirm as I have had no answer.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Dan here, Sorry that you have not received a response yet. I am glad to help you out with this.

You could try disconnecting both battery cables from the battery and holding them together for a few minutes. Then reconnect. If that does no work, you will have to bring to vw/audi dealer to have them scan system for codes. There should be a code stored in the module if there is a malfunction. That is the first step. You may have a problem with the bluetooth module and it may need to be replaced.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have?

Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dan, do you mean to try holding/touching the positive and negative cables together for a few minutes?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Yes hold or clamp them together for a while, make sure they are clear from touching the battery itself.