Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

How do I access the fuel pumps in a 2002 audi TT quatro? I

Customer Question

how do I access the fuel pumps in a 2002 audi TT quatro? I have all the panels and stuff out already.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the original fuel pump? What is the model of your '02 Audi?
Customer: it's a TT convertible with all wheel drive
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tested fuel pressure, there is none.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: there's a big black plastic ring on the tank access. it won't turn.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

That is just a big nut. You cant turn it by hand. They sell a spanner wrench for removing it. If you dont use this wrench or some kind of wrench on it you wont get it back on tight enough and will create a leak there.

I have a huge pair of channel locks that will turn them. If you got any huge channel locks you could try them.

3217 is the part number on the proper tool. Ive also seen people use a screwdriver and a hammer tapping on one of the ridges too though I cant recommend it on a professional level.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. THanks