Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Transmission Tech - Management Master Winner 3rd place Entire US Southeast region #1 after masters
17290852

I lost my key, and that was the only one I had (0 keys). I

Customer Question

i lost my key, and that was the only one I had (0 keys). I bought a new ignition switch, door handle key barrel and truck latch mechanism with a master key and valet key for those. i just need to erase old key codes and program this one new key?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes but car doesn't turn on when the key turns to the ON positon so I don't know if I can connect long enough...
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2005 audi a6 (c6) 3.2 quattro s-line
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just got the ignition switch and door handle key barrel in last night and I was going to try and manually program it. Yes I don't want to go to dealership
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 5 months ago.

Hello , well my friend the Dealer is the only 1...... I know who can RE-FLASH IT.....Sorry to say......Thanks Joey