peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician with more then 17 years ecperience.Past ASE and other certifications.

Car stalled then won't start it tries to start sputters a

Customer Question

Car stalled then won't start it tries to start sputters a bit then dies I have been having problems with it stalling and was trying to find a engine speed sensor today but now imstuck
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If it stalled out and tried to start but only sputters this usually indicates a fault with a lack of fuel to the engine.This can be caused by a common fault with the fuel pump itself needing replaced.I have seen the fuel pump fail in the past before causing this issue here with it needing replaced for this fault.

The fuel pressure will need tested as well as the power and ground signals to the pump to be sure this is the cause here and the pump replaced if found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete