Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2003 Allroad 2.7T. Blower not coming on. Fuse is OK. Tested

Customer Question

2003 Allroad 2.7T. Blower not coming on. Fuse is OK. Tested w/tester and visual. Tested Blower. It is OK. tested on separate 12V source. I'm Trying to locate a relay(if there is one) for it and the Blower motor resistor, and I'm at a loss. I still have Glove compartment and blower removed. Can I find a picture or schematic? Looked a lot but no luck.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: Oh, and 147k. Batt: 1-2 years
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: And Sorry : Hi Pearl :-) !
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It just didn't start one day. A/C Needs to be recharged. That I know. Have the usual Converter code, which I doubt is related, and at times catalyst bank 2 low temp. Doubt you needed that info. though.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I found the blower resistor/controller. Removed it and took it apart. I found a burnt connection/spade, plug, and wire. The circuit board was burnt and the one transistor leg was no longer connected to the spade. The circuit/Cu was broken, which also left the spade sitting loose due to the high heat, which in turn was created by the broken circuit/Cu line, and spiking Amps. I bridged it with solder, installed it, and now it works. Saved me $100.
Thanks for nothing
Best regards,
E.T.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Sorry I nor another got to you sooner. Do you want or still need help?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris