Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I can't get my stereo code to unlock my radio, No battery

Customer Question

I can't get my stereo code to unlock my radio
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: No battery hasn't and no manual
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2000 Audi A6 Quattro
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I need to know where to find my code or something I have looked in trunk and glove box
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hello

if you don't have the code card I'd suggest removing the unit from the dash and getting the serial number off it as once you have a serial number then If you remove the radio and retrieve the Radio serial number off or the side (starts in AUZ) then call Audi’s customer assistance to speak with a Audi Customer CARE Advocate. Call 1-***-***-**** (AUDI), Mon-Fri, 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time. If you tell them your Vehicle ID number and the radio serial number they will ask you some questions to verify the vehicle is registered to you and then they should provide you with the code for FREE. This typically takes a couple of days.

It is illegal for anyone to access the radio code through the Audi data base without verifying the customer, vehicle, and radio serial numbers. If someone were to provide that service for you here online, they would be risking their employment as well as legal ramifications.

I realize this is an inconvenience, but it is the main security system that keeps thieves from breaking into your vehicle and stealing the radio

its also worth trying the last 4 digits of the radio serial number as often this is the security code and sometimes the code is on a sticker in the spare wheel well in the trunk