Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I want anybody but (Moose) to answer my question. I have

Customer Question

I want anybody but Chris(Moose) to answer my question. I have 2006 Audi A8L and i had to car exhaust parts my Audi and i had to lower my front passenger seat now it won't raise. I does everything else even the head protection raises.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

After 23 hours, are you still wanting to wait for some one else to help with the seat switch, wiring, or motor failure?

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No i'm not pleased with the level of service you provided me and i don't plan on rating you so you can close the post.

Okay, after reviewing the past 8 times I have helped you, you seemed pleased in those. I will let the post time out and close.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Listen i want help with my Audi A8L and i don't want you, now give me another Audi expert mechanic or go some where else

I have not contacted you again since yesterday at noon. If another wants to help they will. Its been like 3 days now, I doubt anyone else wants to help. Though I am available.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
you are blocking me from anyone else from answering me ? Listen to this and hear me well I DON'T WANT YOU NOW THEY'RE ARE 4 AUDI MECHANICS NOW I WANT ONE OTHER THAN CHRIS,YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!

I hear you, I have opted out twice now. I can not make another tech help. Each tech has a choice whom they want to help and whom they do not want to help. I can not help the fact all have passed you up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Mr.Chris i am the wife of the man who desperately needs your expertise,with my seat in his Audi 2006 A8L.Now from my understanding everything else is working on the seat except the bloody seat doesn't raise up,please help.

Welcome, but sorry there is nothing I can do now. Your husband asked for me to opt out which I did so. I cannot post an answer on this question now. You or he are welcome to open another question and maybe someone else can take a stab at it, since no one offered to this time around. I like electrical diag and most techs here and in shops do not.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't understand,please repeat that last message.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to assist you.

I do understand your frustration with it and i m sorry for that , I do understand the issue you are having is with height motor, raising seat back up not working

Please dont hold any personal feelings against me from prior expert situation, I will do my best to help you in this matter

please do understand , i will be limited to what i can do based on your technical skills and tools available to you

FIRST THING WE NEED TO CHECK

1- there is a 30 AMP fuse located in the :

Relay and Fuse Panel in Front Footwell, right

B - Front Passenger's Power Seat Adjustment Circuit Breaker 1 -S46- 30A

Can we check if this fuse is good and let me know and we can go from there .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2- If the fuse is okay , Then Next will be checking the power to seat motor in the diagram i sent you ,which will require front seat removal for access

if the power and ground needed are reaching the motor and motor not moving then we ,will have to replace the seat motor ,which will require complete removal of seat components ,to replace that motor ,and also you have an airbag in that seat so any work that needs done to it , the BATTERY NEEDS TO BE DISCONNECTED.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

AGAIN PLEASE DON'T HOLD ANY HARD FEELINGS AGAINST ME FROM PRIOR EXPERT EXPERIENCE , WE MEAN WELL HERE AND WE ALL ARE HERE TO HELP IF WE CAN CHRIS (AKA MOOSE) IS A VERY GOOD TECH.

I WILL TRY TO HELP IF I CAN ,AND I DON'T PROMISE YOU MIRACLES .

IF YOU OKAY WITH THE ABOVE STATED , I CAN GIVE IT A SHOT .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNFORTUNATELY THERE IS LIMIT TO WHAT I CAN DO , IF THE PROBLEM REQUIRES TOOLS AND A TECH EXPERIENCE THAT DOES THIS DAY IN DAY OUT.

2006 Audi A8L Quattro Sedan (4E8) V8-4.2L (BGK) Save Article Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) OnlySeat Height Adjustment Motor, Removing And InstallingSpecial tools, testers and auxiliary items required- Torque wrench V.A.G 1331/NOTE: If motor is malfunctioning, upper support of seat pan - 5 - must be replaced. - 5 -1 - Rivets
- Qty. 4
2 - Bolts
- Qty. 8
- Tightening torque 17 Nm
3 - Seat pan
4 - Lower seat pan support
5 - Upper seat pan support with seat height adjustment motor
Removing
- Remove seat.
- Attach Fixture for seat repair VAS 6136 to Engine and transmission holder VAS 6095.
- Attach front seat to Fixture for seat repair VAS 6136.
- Remove side trim on outboard side.
- Remove side trim on inboard side.
- Remove front trim.
- Remove bracket for seat side trim.
- Remove backrest.
- Remove seat pan cover and padding.
- Remove control module.
- Remove connector module.
- Remove belt buckle.
- Drill out rivets - 1 - (4x).
- Remove bolts - 2 - (8x).
- Disconnect wiring harness and disconnect connectors from seat pan and motors.
- Replace upper seat pan support - 5 -.
Installing
- Install upper seat pan support - 5 - in reverse order of removal.

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech