AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

2001 audi tt stopped while driving. Thought I was having

Customer Question

2001 audi tt stopped while driving. Thought I was having battery issue and changed battery after seeing yellow battery symbol on middle instrument cluster. Car ran fine after for tow days, then red battery symbol started to blink twice and stopped and car was fine for another two days. Then died while driving as if fuel cut out. Fuel pump was replaced and car is starting but only staying running for three minutes. Now being looked over for a broken wire to the fuel pump at the module. Fuel pump relay is fine.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 107,000 miles, Car had been starting normally, except after is died...then it would crank, but not start, so towed
JA: What is the model of your '01 Audi?
Customer: tt convertible 180hp
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: at this point not looking to fix myself. I thought it may have been the voltage regulator or alternator, but definitely fuel pump because now it starts fine, but won't stay running
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have taken it to a mechanic who is having a tough time figuring out the issue, although he may be onto something with a broken/melted wire. He was going to straight wire into fuse box, but wants to obviously locate broken/melted wire to define the issue to prevent the new fuel pump from shorting out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you know if the fault codes were checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set with this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.