Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I replaced the plastic case on my key fob and tried to use

Customer Question

Hi - I replaced the plastic case on my key fob and tried to use the key and key fob but the car is now in safe mode and only runs for about 2 seconds
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: That's the only remote I have - and yes the battery is new
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: 2006 Audi a4 cabriolet
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes - plan to disconnect the battery next
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Any other suggestions?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Just logged today and am checking all the long waiting customers to see if they still need help. If so let me know.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry - I didn't see a response other than you were checking in. I did disconnect the battery and connected the positive and negative terminals on the car with a wire - left it that way for 10 minutes and then reconnected the battery. That cleared the condition and allowed me to re-program the key fob with the car - all is working now.

Glad you got it resolved. Since you have already paid for help do you have another concern i could help with?