internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing Audi vehicles for over 15 years. I specialized in German diagnostic.
63512786

Check engine light flashing and I changed my coil packs

Customer Question

Check engine light flashing and I changed my coil packs today and it's still flashing but I have changed my spark plugs not to long ago,
JA: What size is your engine? Have you checked the wires?
Customer: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T and my idle is still kinda rough, and yea they look to be intact
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yea it's some minor repairs I got my codes ran it was a couple misfires and my MAF
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's pretty much it and I had a code P0101 also but that shouldn't make my CEL flash
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Audi
Expert:  internal88 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Audi tech.

If you bought the coils from Autozone or advance or any retail stores return it.

They are no good.

You have to get the coils from Audi or from an original equipment.

This is the only way to fix the misfire code. 20 years of professional experience in the shop.

Please rate me positive, Thank you sir.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't care for resetting the codes, I just need my car to run better..do you know why I would still have a rough idle?

running rough because of misfire.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my MAF shouldn't result the car to idle rough?

If the check engine light is flashing it is 100% misfire from the coil and running really rough. It will feel like the cylinders are down.

If the MAF is bad the idle will be rough as well but not as bad as misfire. If is the MAF you could replace the MAF unit to fix.

Both item will cause rough idle.