Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I have a 2000 Audi Quattro A6 with a left turn signal

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Audi Quattro A6 with a left turn signal problem. Currently the front signal does not work, but makes a rapid blinking noise. The back signals work, but they flash rapidly. I have replaced the turn signal bulbs and the left turn signal holder. Upon installing the new bulb, it worked properly for a few seconds and then the bulb ceased to operate. The left bulb also fails to work when hazards are engaged. The turn signal fuse looks fine. What's next?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hello

I'd 1st check that the rear bulbs are the correct type and not an LED replacement as the control unit needs to see the correct resistance otherwise you get this rapid flashing syndrome

so if the bulbs are the correct type I'd next clean the rear & side bulb holders with some sandpaper / abrasive cloth

if that all OK then the flasher unit thats built into the hazard switch may need replacing